Three Days of Troubleshooting Traefik (Still not working)

What Operating System?

18.04 Ubuntu LTS

What is the problem?

Using Traefik I have not been able to make both the original PlexGuide or PTS version to deploy correctly.

Have used a series of different domains… Including one newly purchased.

What did you already try to solve it?

I have tried clean installs of the OS itself and PTS. Changed domain providers to test different API keys.

I ran into a couple different sets of logs when attempting to get things working. Pulled these from the Docker Traefik logs.

For one of the domains that were new I encountered this error once.

time=“2021-12-30T08:35:11+01:00” level=error msg=“Unable to obtain ACME certificate for domains xxxxxxxxx.com” : cannot get ACME client acme: error: 429 :: POST :: https://acme-v02.api.letsencrypt.org/acme/new-acct :: urn:ietf:params:acme:error:rateLimited :: Error creating new account :: too many registrations for this IP: see Rate Limits - Let's Encrypt"

With my Hetzner server I requested and added a new public IPv4, then started running into a different issue.

time=“2021-12-30T20:08:03+01:00” level=error msg=“Unable to obtain ACME certificate for domains “xxxxxxx.com” : unable to generate a certificate for the domains [xxxxxx.com]: error: one or more domains had a problem:\n[xxxxxx.com] time limit exceeded: last error: read udp 172.17.0.5:40583->172.64.34.72:53: i/o timeout\n”

Additional Info

Patience is not my forte sadly. I’ve probably spent the last three days looking into this (not kidding). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Understand I hit rate limits with the servers IP. Think I have to wait at least a week, but I wish there was a better way to know for sure. For example, I look at this link:

https://crt.sh/?q=<insertdomainname>

But doesn’t appear to give a good or easily clear indication of what’s going on.

The other error in the logs regarding time limit exceeded is beyond me. No clue there.

Final thoughts

I have a hardly working version of PTS working right now for one of my domains. Traefik still deploys incorrectly, but I am able to utilize CloudFlare’s certificate to get by.

Was running into performance issues randomly.

That’s why I am itching to try again from scratch and getting the Let’s Encrypt certificate working again to compare.

**Regardless at this point have spent too much time getting nowhere. Just joined the Discord, so if anyone is willing to help please let me know **

I would like to support this community as much as possible, because I love with this project I have pushed myself to learn a ton. But at some point just helpless.