Mnt folder empty?

What Operating System?

Ubuntu 18.04LTS

What is the problem?

My media is no longer detected within Plex.
Having looked, the mnt/unionfs folder appears to be empty - all of the directories have now disappeared.
Radarr, Sonarr and Plex all report missing directories.

What did you already try to solve it?

Restarted.
Re-mounted the pgclone
Checked portainer settings and logs

Complete Logs

Logs help us with troubleshoting.

What logs would be useful?

Additional information

Anything else that helps us assess the situation like screenshots. As much data as possible

It’s been working fine for ages. No idea what happened. Sorry; I don’t know what else to provide that would be useful.

Hello.
Is anyone able to offer any advice at all?
Thank you

hi

im only a user of pg but to me it sounds like wrong salt & password and your running encrpyted

if the redeploy of pgmount works successfully but you cant see any files in unionfs that would happen with wrong password or salt

can you see the files in your gdrive

i would suggest until you can see your files in unionfs just forget portainer & dockers its all about rclone & gdrive & unionfs maybe recheck your pg mount settings

Thanks Dave.

I’ve re-deployed the rClone several times, and it has reported successful mounts. During the mounting process, it also references some of the unencrypted folder names, so it must be mounting it correctly; mustn’t it?

It’s stored all the values. Nothing has changed. Nonetheless, I’ve re-populated all of the keys etc and re-mounted. Again, it reports successful.

In Google Drive, I can’t see the folder names because it’s encrypted, but I can see lots and lots of encrypted folder names.

Did you ever make a backup of your /opt/appdata/plexguide/rclone.conf (when it was working) . With that rclone.conf you can access your encrypted drive though rclone on any computer and you would be able to see the files
(rclone.conf is replaced every redeploy of mount so make a copy when its working)

you could test the rclone.conf in appdata now with rclone (you will need to copy .conf to usual rclone location)

then just
rclone listremotes ---- to find your drive name & make sure your using right .conf

rclone ls yourdrive:

if you can see everything except encrypted files then you know this is the problem

if rclone cant see them then no files will appear in unionfs
you could make a new api & teamdrive to test this if everything works then you know its your details on older setup ?

i used to run encrypted and lost my passwords (Password & Salt)but lucky i had my working original rclone.conf so i could redeploy mount and it would report successful but none of the encrypt files would show as wrong password but then i could replace the new rclone.conf with my original working rclone.conf and then reboot and all encrypted files would reappear :slight_smile:

hope this helps a little

Thanks Dave,
that might indeed prove useful…

I’ve definately not lost the SALTS, or changed them. I’m very clear on what they were, and have regardless re-deployed successfully.

When I look at portainer, I notice many of my containers are ‘running’, but have critical errors in the logs that clearly prevents them from running properly. For example;

nginx: [alert] failed to load the 'resty.core' module (https://github.com/openresty/lua-resty-core); ensure you are using an OpenResty release from https://openresty.org/en/download.html (reason: module 'resty.core' not found:

no field package.preload['resty.core']

no file './resty/core.lua'

no file '/usr/share/luajit-2.1.0-beta3/resty/core.lua'

no file '/usr/local/share/lua/5.1/resty/core.lua'

no file '/usr/local/share/lua/5.1/resty/core/init.lua'

no file '/usr/share/lua/5.1/resty/core.lua'

no file '/usr/share/lua/5.1/resty/core/init.lua'

no file '/usr/share/lua/common/resty/core.lua'

no file '/usr/share/lua/common/resty/core/init.lua'

no file './resty/core.so'

no file '/usr/local/lib/lua/5.1/resty/core.so'

no file '/usr/lib/lua/5.1/resty/core.so'

no file '/usr/local/lib/lua/5.1/loadall.so'

no file './resty.so'

no file '/usr/local/lib/lua/5.1/resty.so'

no file '/usr/lib/lua/5.1/resty.so'

no file '/usr/local/lib/lua/5.1/loadall.so') in /etc/nginx/nginx.conf:70

2022-01-24 20:37:31,170 INFO exited: nginx (exit status 1; not expected)

2022-01-24 20:37:32,172 INFO gave up: nginx entered FATAL state, too many start retries too quickly

Uploader says this

[cont-init.d] 05-install: executing... 

[UPLOADER] **** update system packages ****

[UPLOADER] **** install build packages from requirements ****

[UPLOADER] -->> [ WARNING ] ----------------------------- [ WARNING ] <<--

[UPLOADER] -->> [ WARNING ] no rclonegdsa.conf file found [ WARNING ] <<--

[UPLOADER] -->> [ WARNING ]         sleeping for 30s      [ WARNING ] <<--

[UPLOADER] -->> [ WARNING ] ----------------------------- [ WARNING ] <<--

Plex says this

Starting Plex Media Server.

[services.d] done.

Critical: libusb_init failed

Dolby, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD and the double D symbol are trademarks of Dolby Laboratories.

Any ideas gratefully received.

But this does not look good. Which uploader do you use that these error messages come?

Yeah, I never got to the bottom of this.

I installed the PTS fork, and reconnected using the same rclone details. All works fine now. No idea why it stopped, but it did look pretty catastrophic!

pts fork? which one is there? but nice that everything is running again.

MHA-Team - PTS - Team ?

i run that build now and i like it more than 8.7.5 but thats only imo its been going well for me

nice :slight_smile:

but with mha you do not have this uploader error so I wonder which fork this is

good point :smile: i never seen that

that’s why I’m so curious to see what the new fork will be. @28061