Local Install

What Operating System?

Ubuntu 18.04

What is the problem?

I have been using a hetzner server for a couple of years, and finally decided to move to a local server. I setup Ubuntu and went through everything the same way I set things up originally with Hetzner, but I feel like I am messing up getting the domain directed to my new server. When I try to deploy Traefik, i get that there are multiple reasons for failure. I’m pretty sure I have just messed up on directing cloudflare to my home network.

What did you already try to solve it?

I don’t have a lot of experience with Linux, so I’ve been googling and trying to figure it out on my own, but when I go to deploy Traefik, it has an error because of the local setup. I setup the DNS management with A record using my home IP that I pulled from the internet, so not the local IP.
All CNAMEs are setup the same as I had them previously. I used the global API key when I input it in the Traefik setup. Sorry for the stupid questions, but I am pretty sure I just skipped something very simple and not sure where I messed up.

Complete Logs

Logs help us with troubleshoting.

My machine is setup on a Unifi network and my libraries are setup on Gsuite already, so I will be mapping those over once I get everything lined up here.

I also see that the ports are setup with 0.0.0.0 for IP addresses, but for the life of me I can’t figure out how to change them to the proper ip.

Im almost certain Ports seem to be your issue

I’ve been playing with ports for hours now. I can’t figure out how to get the forwarding to work. I have changed the rules several times and the closest I’ve gotten to actually getting to the server is when I get directed to the USG login.

For testing purpose try putting the server in DMZ then deploy if it works it’s a port issue (I strongly recommend you don’t leave it in DMZ)

Sorry, I did get it working. I just got tied up and forgot to post here. It was just me missing that I had opened a port and forgot to add a 0 at the end, so it was the wrong port. Little things will get you.

Hey! I actually ran into a similar issue and migrated also from hetzner (after 3 years) to a local system now that my connection is gigabit symmetrical. My system is a virtual machine running on windows 10 - the network is set to bridge mode so it has it’s own IP and set as DMZ on the network.

For whatever reason traefik doesn’t deploy correctly and I am always getting to the system indirectly on the local network and I haven’t been able to figure that out. I did reinstall plex and made sure local install was selected but restored the configuration from a backup.

I suppose I have two issues - I can open a new ticket if it’s most appropriate.