Install Plexguide 8.5

Due to sudobox being in the early alpha stages of development. We will still provide support for the older project plexguide!

**Only works on ubuntu 18.04 without Desktop Environment **

To install plexguide first we need to update and install curl

Step 1

sudo apt update -y && sudo apt upgrade -y

Step 2

sudo rm -rf /opt/plexguide && sudo rm -rf /opt/pgstage && sudo apt install curl -y

Next, we will pull from the github

Step 3

curl -s https://raw.githubusercontent.com/PGBlitz/Install/v8.5/install.sh | sudo -H sh

Only works on ubuntu 18.04

Old Github Wiki

Link

Home · MHA-Team/PTS-Team Wiki · GitHub

8 Likes

There is a lot of wiki here that could be fixed by cloning the repo and using your favorite editor to do a find replace to put it back in order for plexguide and re-upping to PG github

git clone https://github.com/MHA-Team/PTS-Team.wiki.git

hey, Justin ill have one of our developers check the repo and see if it’s a better place to reference. thanks for the post.

This is Doobs fork of PG :laughing:

you can use the wiki as a guide but some parts are different because he fixed a lot of the bugs in PG.

We don’t want to spend too long making a whole new wiki for PG since we are creating this new project but users are welcome to use the PTS wiki as a guide.

Also we are more than happy to help with any issues regarding PG in here :smiley:

Yeah a lot of the wiki really didn’t get too much changed but the information is still there in one place at least. This is from where Doob had cloned the PG wiki back in October 2019 that this information came from

1 Like

Yeah, I point users to there since PG moved the wiki to the forum (I found the forum wiki harder to navigate) and especially since PG forum is now down, it’s a good place to direct people.

We are going to try and work with @Admin9705 to get a working wiki for all the PG users :grin:

Hey Team - I glad i found this, I have been a user og plexguide pgblitz for a long while. The old wiki even if out of date would be great to still have for reference. Even with a clear disclaimer that it is old information use at own risk.

Would anyone know what the command line was to install Plexguide? I don’t quite know how to follow the guideance above.

Help is appreciated
DJ90

1 Like

Ah sorry! user error I did not copy the whole command.

" curl https://raw.githubusercontent.com/PGBlitz/Install/v8.5/install.sh | sudo bash"

Did you run the first line?

sudo apt update -y && sudo apt upgrade -y && sudo apt install curl

Hey - Yes I did, apologies I just didn’t copy the whole line of code properly… apologies.

Looking forward to seeing developments of SudoBox

1 Like

Hey there! Why 8.5 specifically?

I’m asking cause I never upgraded from 8.5.8 since like 2019 and it’s been working perfectly. Was waiting on something stable which never came :stuck_out_tongue:

Are you saying that 8.5 is the best PG release, cause that would be sweet news.

Yeah, version 8.5 is the latest stable version

1 Like

having issues with installing pg after i run the version i want installed it gets to the part where it says installing common packages and screen just fills up with red it does run but just just some bits work e.g watchtower fails saying no xml

Did you run the full command
sudo apt update -y && sudo apt upgrade -y && sudo apt install curl

Hi i did yes what i done this morning is remove docker from my system then done hard reboot and then reinstalled pg seems to be running now thankyou for replying

I had a problem with fresh installation stuck on:

TASK [docstart : Install DockerFix Service] **************************************************************************************************************************
Thursday 04 February 2021  14:45:13 +0100 (0:00:00.253)       0:00:01.209 *****
ok: [127.0.0.1]

TASK [docstart : Daemon-Reload] **************************************************************************************************************************************
Thursday 04 February 2021  14:45:13 +0100 (0:00:00.133)       0:00:01.342 *****
changed: [127.0.0.1]

TASK [docstart : Start DockerFix] ************************************************************************************************************************************
Thursday 04 February 2021  14:45:14 +0100 (0:00:00.329)       0:00:01.672 *****

Anybody can help?

What for an OS you used ?
We need a little bit more informations

I get an error when reinstalling.
I use Ubuntu Server 20.04.2.
I get the following error:

[quote=“Michaelbas, post:23, topic:84, full:true”]
I get an error when reinstalling.
I use Ubuntu Server 20.04.2.
I get the following error:

TASK [Deploying pgui] *****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Thursday 04 February 2021  20:06:29 +0000 (0:00:00.015)       0:00:05.397 *****
An exception occurred during task execution. To see the full traceback, use -vvv. The error was: docker.errors.NotFound: 404 Client Error for http+docker://localhost/v1.40/networks/plexguide: Not Found ("network plexguide not found")
[DEPRECATION WARNING]: Please note that docker_container handles networks slightly different than docker CLI. If you specify networks, the default network will still be attached as the first network. (You
can specify purge_networks to remove all networks not explicitly listed.) This behavior will change in Ansible 2.12. You can change the behavior now by setting the new `networks_cli_compatible` option to
`yes`, and remove this warning by setting it to `no`. This feature will be removed in version 2.12. Deprecation warnings can be disabled by setting deprecation_warnings=False in ansible.cfg.
fatal: [127.0.0.1]: FAILED! => {"changed": false, "msg": "Cannot inspect the network 'plexguide' to determine the default IP: 404 Client Error for http+docker://localhost/v1.40/networks/plexguide: Not Found (\"network plexguide not found\")"}

Anyone that can help?

Can’t use ubuntu 20.04.2 need to use 18.04

1 Like