Disk space on PG Server

I have a PGBlitz server setup in Hetzner cloud. It works pretty good with Plex, Sonarr, Radarr, PGTrakt, etc. working in a seamless manner.
Only odd thing I have noticed is that progressively as I go through more downlods, my server primary disk seems to keep reducing in disk space.
To the point where I only have 75G of space left in a server with a primary disk space of 160G.
I have already checked the download and incomplete folders under NZBGet to ensure there are no failed or left over files in there.
I am looking for some help to understand what should be the standard size of a PG instance and what else could possibly be using up space on my server that I can get rid of.
Since it is organic reduction, I have my doubts on metadata for Plex, etc. but not sure how to check that and reduce the footprint of the same.

Any help would be much appreciated.

1 Like

You can check the used space on

/opt/appdata/

sudo apt-get ncdu
ncdu  /opt/appdata

And you can also check

ncdu /var/logs

Or do this once

sudo docker system prune -af 

This will remove old images

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the prompt response. Running the prune command took about 6G off the usage, which was fantastic.

I also checked the usage for the suggested folders using ncdu, and this is what I found:

• /opt/appdata/plex – About 22.7G used out of which 12.2G is used by the Metadata folder. Other key uses are 4.3G in Cache, 3.9G in plugin support and 2.2G in Media. Not sure if there is a way to trim down any of these?

• /opt/appdata/nzbget - There is a file called nzbget.log which is 13.1G in size. Would it be OK to remove this file?

• /opt/appdata/lidarr/MediaCover/Albums - This folder is using about 3.5G. This seems like a lot of space for Album covers. Is there any way to reduce the size of this folder?

• /var/log/journal/ - This folder is using about 4G in a bunch of journal files. Would be OK to remove them?

These are the biggest hitters to the space usage. Other apps that use about a gig or 2 are Sonarr, Radarr and NZBHydra.

Please let me know if your are able to provide input on any of the above folders / files.

1 Like

Okay

The nzbget.log is not really needed

Here a command to clear up it

sudo truncate -s 0 /opt/appdata/nzbget/nzbget.log 1>/dev/null 2>&1

Next

sudo crontab -e

#NZBGet log clean
@daily truncate -s 0 /opt/appdata/nzbget/nzbget.log 1>/dev/null 2>&1

Then save .
Now the NZBGet log will daily clean-up

2 Likes